Aug 02, 2019
Maintaining a healthy diet is critical to good oral health and teeth that will last. This includes both healthy gum tissue to protect the roots of your teeth and the avoidance of cavities so you can have a clean bill of health from your favourite dental clinic in Richmond Hill. To make sure that your gums stay strong and that your teeth aren't subject to decay, check out the foods below and try to incorporate them into your diet on a regular basis.
Best Foods For Strong Teeth
- Cheese and yogurt are loaded with calcium to strengthen your tooth enamel.
- Eggs and fish offer plenty of phosphorus to build tooth structure and fight the effects of soda.
- Cucumbers and apples are full of fibre and water and can remove food particles from between your teeth!
- Bell peppers, broccoli and strawberries offer plenty of Vitamin C for healthy gum tissue.
- Raisins are high in phytochemicals which can kill the bacteria that causes cavities and they're full of anti-oxidants.
- Almonds offer plenty of calcium and are high in protein, making them a great option for vegans and those who can't tolerate milk.
- Leafy greens like spinach may not look good in your teeth but they are great for your teeth thanks to plenty of Vitamins and minerals!
A Simple Switch For Healthy Teeth
If you drink soda, start cutting back and replacing those beverages with water or green tea. Sugary sodas leave a film of sugar on your teeth that is heaven to the bacteria that exist to destroy your oral health. Even diet sodas are acidic enough to eat away at the enamel on your teeth. Additionally, consider rinsing your mouth with water after every meal and snack. If you find yourself snacking throughout the day, try to take a break of 2 to 3 hours after your snacks to allow your saliva to wash away any acid left on your teeth. Remember, Richmond Hill Dental Care welcomes your smile and would like to see you keep it for years! Contact us today to book an appointment to check up on your oral health.